Anyone in Whitefish got room to haul a barn find T to Ca.?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone in Whitefish got room to haul a barn find T to Ca.?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 01:31 am:

On Monday we were getting gas on the tour and a guy approached us in our model T and said he has one of these. Usually this means any kind of old junk. Not so this time. We had time later so we went by this guy's place a few miles out of town. There he opens a shed door on a 27 pickup where it has been since 1950. It's for sale but I am a long way from home. Would like to know if anyone in the area has trailer space going west. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Yeah! Freighter Jim! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Erik,
With your talents, DRIVE it back home!!!
:-)
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Send pics once the deal is done, so cool, another barn find--they ARE still out there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

Hi Tim,

Today I am traveling Interstate 10 in Texas.

Ross Lilleker is on the tour but I think he has a full trailer back to Texas.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Erik find a place stash it uncle stan or robert W got relative there i think last time we talked
Cantvwait see it
NV bob
Eell need chat once your home im sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Erik, I'll send you a pm with a couple names. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Thanks guys. I will put up pics when I get home. I gave the contact info to some of the local guys. This model T has spent its entire life within 50 miles of here in one family. As much as I would like to bag this thing, l think it would be nice to see it stay here where its history could be more appreciated, so I am giving the people here a shot at it. The man showed me the title dating from the 30's in his grandfather's name. He is said to have hauled bootleg liquor with it. The price given me is good, in my opinion. Anyway, this is as close to a "barn find" as it gets. The only thing is, it was never really "lost". Just left alone for over 50 years. It was a highlight of our trip to see it, a very rare sight indeed. If nothing happens with it locally, I'll pass the number on to others.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration