OT-Model WW I T truck at Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. for transporting animals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-Model WW I T truck at Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. for transporting animals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

For more see: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gregkrenzelok/veterinary%20cor p%20in%20ww1/veterinary%20corp%20in%20ww1.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

With that roof your not hauling cow's or horses.With the step on the back i would think either feed or people? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

That's young 2nd Lt. Sherman Potter at the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Definitely not large animal transport. I figure the animals it hauled were two-legged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:52 am:

FROM: THE ARMY VETERINARY SERVICE DURING THE GREAT WAR, WW1

CORPS MOBILE VETERINARY HOSPITALS
Very important note: A system for the evacuation of animals was adopted. Animals were evacuated by the Division Mobile Veterinary Section (Units) overland to the Corps Mobile Hospitals. From the Corps Mobile Veterinary Hospitals the animals were transferred either overland or by rail to the S.O.S. Veterinary Hospitals. Later Army Evacuation Stations were installed at points near railroads and in such a situation that they were easily accessible to all Divisions in a specified area. Animals were convoyed overland from Division Mobile Veterinary Hospitals to these Army Evacuation Stations and from the the latter place to S.O.S. Veterinary Hospitals by rail. To assist in the evacuation of animals that were unable to travel overland, motor trucks were used as ambulances. These ambulances were constructed so as to accommodate five animals.

Unit No. 1, Active Service February 1918 to September 1919, Unit No. 2 June 1918 to July 1919, Unit No. 3 August 1918 to December 1918, Unit No. 4 July 1918 to December 1918, Unit No. 5 November 1918 to December 1918, Unit No. 6 Never organized, Unit No. 7 November 1918 to August 1919, Unit No. 8 November 1918 to June 1919, Unit No. 9 November 1918 to July 1919, IV Corps September 1918 to June 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

Makes one wonder if that could be one of the elusive 1917 built trucks?
I know that I have seen at least ten times as many survivors for sale than were ever built. Some of them with '26/'27 frames and engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

I got one of those!

Here's my two legged offspring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Robert B, The people of the First World War also need to be remembered. You, and your truck, are a good part of that effort. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration