Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Placerville California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Placerville California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Boy, Does this bring back memories! The store in front of the first car on the right was a tobacco shop & magazine stand where I bought my first copy of "Antique Automobile" in 1962 when I was 13 years old. Still have it and it started a lifelong love affair with old cars.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

I was within a few feet of where that photo was taken, just over a month ago. I had to turn the broken-eggs-pedition around because there was a street fair/farmer's market that closed off both sides of that block in the middle. Modern highway 50 would be about fifty yards to the viewer's right.
Has to be the same spot.
The tower in front of the building in the center wasn't still there. Otherwise, a very unusual street layout.
Highway 49 should cross closely behind where the photographer was standing, turning, heading North and East at that point (where 49 crosses 50). Linda and I were driving down hwy 49 trying to find something, made a turn onto this street to park and check our directions. The street fair didn't help any.
Great photo! Thank you Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

60 horsepower parked on the right, 40 horsepower parked center and 21 hp just on the left.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 02:11 am:

Looks like 1 horsepower tied in the first spot on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Same spot today

Many of the buildings are still there.

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration