What year speedometer wheel gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What year speedometer wheel gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

This is a 60 tooth 8 pitch gear. I was wondering what year would it be correct for? Or rather, would it work on a 14? I was thinking the gear fits onto a machined area of the hub but I don't know what the gear looks like by itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Corey,that will be just fine for a '14.There were several variations of the drive gear,depending on manufacturer. That looks like a Stewart to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

It says Stewart on it. #11077

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Get with RUSS FURSTNOW (spelling??). He is in the other Model T club but a pro when it comes to speedo. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Corey, I second Russ.He has bought several T era heads,drives,etc.from me through the decades.
Keep in mind that gear would work on any car with a 30" front wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:36 am:

It will work, but I don't think that style of road gear was out in 1914. Even though Ford didn't supply speedometers in 1914, they were still using the 1322 road gear with no spokes and four mounting screws.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration