No power at the headlight bulb 26/7 roadster p/u

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: No power at the headlight bulb 26/7 roadster p/u
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 05:12 am:

Hi folks have been put in a new wireing loom in my p/u..I have power to the head light but no power to the bulb. The power is rite up to the bulb ,The bulb is new and all the fittings. could someone please help, many thanks Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 06:06 am:

Are you sure the headlight itself is grounded (earthed) to the chassis well? I had one that was loose on the bracket and would only light if I moved the body of the headlight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Gerry,the contacts in the thimble are spring loaded. The spring carries the current, and they can loose their tension. check that the contacts are spring loaded at each end of the thimble, and they are sitting at the same height.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Hi Folks many thanks for your help. I have now gone through and have indivdually earthed each head light and tail light.I now have very good lights. Thank you very much .this forum has been a major part of my restoration Thank you Cheers Gerry (NZ)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration