Alaska and back again!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Alaska and back again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Scott McNamara on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Earlier this spring there was a thread about how far we can expect to drive a Model T. At that time, Lee and I were planning a trip from Iowa to Alaska and back again in our Model T p/us
for June and July. I am pleased to announce that the trip has been completed...a total of 7,200 plus/minus miles! Its good to be home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Congratulations! Pictures? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Brian,

Great Job! I would suggest you put some notes together with some photos to send to the Editor of the "Vintage Ford" for use as an article. A lot of folks including many who may not read the forum would be encouraged by your trip. And many of us would like to know more about the preparation, spare parts taken along, and what if anything needed replacing along the way. You may have already done that on a travel log / facebook? But some folks don't get to facebook yet.

Again welcome home and congratulations!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Scott McNamara on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Hap and others who need to know more about the trip to Alaska and back...if you will google "Iowa to Alaska in a Model T" you will be lead to a facebook page and/or our web page...both contain the same informational background and a daily blog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 10:31 am:

https://lhkilmer.wixsite.com/iowatoalaska

https://www.facebook.com/Iowa-to-Alaska-in-a-Model-T-1846053488966386/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

A lot of people CANNOT get Facebook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Wayne, the first link that Steve posted is not Facebook and the second one is. Ya pays yer money an' ya takes yer choice.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Brian,

You get the Blue Ribbon for " Understated Thread Of The Year " .......

That is quite an accomplishment !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

What FJ said.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

What a great story! Although, while I dearly love driving Model Ts and other early cars, the idea of 250+ miles in high winds and rain doesn't thrill me. And I'm not a camper. But it was a delightful vicarious trip. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Agreed with Jim. A very understated 3 line post about an amazing trip!!

Thank you Steve for posting the the links, and Thank You Brian and Lee for a non Facebook version for us to read. I read up on the first week so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:43 am:

I didn't see mention of it on your Facebook page, did you check out the Fountainhead museum while you were in Fairbanks?

https://www.youtube.com/user/FountainheadMuseum/videos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

Well done guys. What was the most serious mechanical issue you had to overcome?

I warned you about grizzles before the trip...did any try to take you on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Scott McNamara on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Constantine...yes as a matter of fact, I did have a year old grizzly cub come up out of the ditch ahead of me. I slowed down thinking he would cross the road but all he did was run along side of my T for far too long before darting across the road. Me? I was busy looking out for "momma bear"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Didn't some old-timer here once recommend Marvel Mystery Oil as a bear repellent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Nooo, I think it was suggested that Marvel Mystery Oil helps the bears get your fully clothed body down their throat easier.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration