Pan Arm Block

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pan Arm Block
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:43 am:

It seems that Lang's has back ordered the 3083 Pan Arm wood Block. Can any one post the dimensions here so that I can cut my own?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:49 am:

I looked up Bing images "Model T Pam Arm Block", and found a diagram right away. Google images would probably also work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Do these help?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/187250.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/77802.html?1231642572

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Thanks Mark, that is what I'm looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Lots of things are in back order lately, because of it my car will likely not run this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

We have the blocks in stock
Bob's Antique Auto Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

While we all have our favorite vendor(s), it is noteworthy to check with others if you need something. While I mainly deal with one due to the proximity of the location, there are 3 others that I deal with from time to time. But there are still many more out there too. Don't rely on just online, make a call and you might get what you need. It's worked for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

You are correct and normally I would check with other vendors, but these wood blocks may be worth 8 dollars to buy two, they are not worth 8 dollars plus the high shipping.
Thus I will take a few minutes and cut them myself from some of the scrap wood I have here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

Thanks Steven, I was just thinking about cutting some myself as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

It's easier to install them from the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

We only had pieces of our blocks.
The hole goes horizontal but which side of the block is against the side of the frame?
Which side is up?
Thanks,
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

From and earlier post.

wood block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

A trifle rough but VERY effective! Thank you for digging that drawing up John! I nabbed it and put it my "manual" folder on the flash drive... :-)
I also was trying to conceptualize how it went in the frame rail.

Was that "angle cut" on the bottom for the fuel line or some-such. Darn it, I just don't recall.
Kinda like Kelly Bundy from Married, With Children, my brain storage is chock-full and if I put in new things, older things have to go...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Thanks John!
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Some years, some body styles, the fuel line goes through that angled cut. Some years, some body styles it does not. Basically most all blocks have the angled (chamfered) cut because the frame rail has a rounded corner and a square block will not fit into it. Easier and cheaper to cut a simple angled edge than make a perfectly fitting rounded edge.
I have seen several apparently original blocks with a square notch cut into that corner. I don't know when they were used. Maybe earlier? Maybe interchangeably?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:09 am:

I have a friend with an early '23, made in '22, and his car has the new style blocks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration