Stromberg OF MPG

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stromberg OF MPG
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:39 am:

What are those of you who are running a Stromberg OF getting for mileage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Like any other carb, it depends on how you drive. I get +20 mpg if I stay around 30 MPH max. It goes down fast around 40 MPH. I have a 1926 TuDor. The mileage isn't that important. The OF seems to run so much better. The only problem I have is there is a slight hesitation when I slowly accelerate from 16 to 18 MPH. Other than that I think the OF is great. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:57 am:

I installed an "OF" about a month ago. This week I was on tour for the first time since installing it and found I got 25 MPG at 30MPH for 130 miles on the first day. I have a Z head and 280 cam on a touring car. The MPG fell off a little at 35 MPH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

My TuDor is a little heavier than a touring, and there are variations in cars and people, so....
My car seems to run it's best at about 32 MPH, yet I will run maybe 40 MPH on the highway so others on the road do not boil over at my driving. Sounds like your car is good well. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

I have no speedometer or odometer, I don't want either, and I don't care what the gas mileage is. When my T is low on gas (which isn't often) I put more in. Gasoline is probably the lowest expense involving my T. Perhaps if I drove it hundreds of miles per month I would be more concerned, but I don't, and I'm not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

MPS Miles per Smile :-) That's what I get but then I run a Schebler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Depends on if you are measuring original miles per gallon or reproduction miles per gallon! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Your mileage will be far better if you use Imperial gallons.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Right on, Allan. Imperial gallons give better mileage. But have you ever bought metric gas ? That liter stuff gives awful mileage !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration