Slipping clutch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Slipping clutch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

How much should you adjust the rear clutch at a time if it doesn't quite grab like it should? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Not knowing the condition of your engine/trans, I would safely suggest removing the cotter pin and turning the adjustment screw in (clockwise) one half turn and use new cotter pin to secure adjustment...... adjust the remaining two clutch screws the same exact way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Is it slipping only when shifting, or does it break loose while driving? I can make mine slip when shifting if i shift hard, but if I close the throttle and match speeds it shifts without slipping and doesn't slip after engaging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

I agree with Bob. Keep going until it no longer slips, 1/2 turn at a time. If you lose neutral though, you are looking at a new clutch. Good luck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration