I think I know what this is but ???????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I think I know what this is but ???????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

I think this apco part is for the early rear axle only one side but when I tried it on a housing it seems to large, any ideas, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

I would think it is a truss rod end. However, it may not have been for a model T. Many cars had them as factory standard equipment during the brass era, and they were offered as after-market for cars and trucks for many years after. Apco made so many things. I would be surprised if some of them were not for non-Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Does it maybe fit on the flange part of the break
backing plate?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

That easy
It was made in RI so it has to be a shackle.
They had (and still do) a lot of crime there - especially in N Providence
I expect it was for a leg because It is too small for a neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Truss rod as stated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I wish you had two of them. I'd want them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

This one must be off another type of car, does not have the outside grove and is to tight to fit where Herb's is
Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration