14mm plugs suggestions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 14mm plugs suggestions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Got my H/C head off the classifieds here but showec up with 14mm plug holes
I used to run bosch 409 plugs but cant find with a threaded top terminal
So what other 14mm plugs are guy running with coils with good results

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Bob, I ran the platinum Bosch plugs for a long time. The number is FR9HP and they have the screw top and a long reach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Well Howdy Bob. Finally I can give you some advice. You've been very helpful to me on a few past occasions. I am satisfied with a Jap 14mm sparkplug called NGK platinum alloy spark plugs. Part # BPR5EGP.. The threaded Top is removeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

If you choose Bosch plugs with a none removable top check them for resistance with an ohm meter from the top to the center under the bend able gap. Every one I have checked had resistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Guys thanks

George thanks for the kind words glad to know i helped someone sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

The "R" in BPR5EGP means that it is a resistor plug. I understand that resistor plugs are not good for our coil ignition.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration