July August Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: July August Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

I received the current issue of VF today and I thought is was a very good issue.
Maybe it just me but for a long time I just thumb through them and put them in the 40 plus year stack I have, but today I read it from cover to cover and really enjoyed it.
Thanks to the whole staff for a great issue.
Les Burg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:18 am:

I also think these folks do a great job Les!
Mine should be coming on Monday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:50 am:

Les: I used to do the same- but I got int he habit of skim reading then the next day I would read it word for word and go back and re-read some of the book. You will be surprised what you missed on the first reading.
I have been a member for a long time and look for the book to arrive.
So do what you have to do to make the car safe to drive and enjoy it every minute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:33 am:

The MTFCA has a new editor, Aleesa Drennen, and the fresh new look is due to her and our Executive Director, Susan Yeager. They are working hard to put out the best Vintage Ford possible. So glad to see it is being appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Jerry, that is what I was trying to say, you done a lot better job of it than I did, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

Interim Editor Jack Vaughn also deserves a lot of credit for the improvements in VF. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

oh well ..day late dollar short...just joined up today will look forward to next publication

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Back issues are probably available, just email Susan at the museum:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/contacts.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Mark is right, Michael. If you just signed up online today you will receive a welcome package with the July-August issue of the Vintage Ford. Back issues are also available. Welcome to the MTFCA!

Thanks to all for the kind comments about the VF. We will continue to work hard to provide a magazine that is useful and interesting for our members. Please do continue to send comments and suggestions for future topics and content. We want to hear from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

I received my copy yesterday and sat down with it before and after dinner tonight. I have always done as some others have said above, skim through it first, then go back and read (some of) the articles later. Many of the articles I didn't read back then, because they didn't interest me. But this time, on the first time through, I read the entire issue. The new format and interesting (to me) articles held my interest from cover to cover. Interim editor Jack Vaughn made some notable improvements to the format, and as James Bartch said, probably deserves some of the credit for the magazine's new look. But "the girls" hit it out of the park. Great job, Aleesa and Susan!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

BTW, I especially enjoyed the well-written article by Bill Bennett about saving, then acquiring, a 1911 T. I read all six pages, then was disappointed to see "To Be Continued" at the end of it. After reading the story, I was dying to see some pics of the completed car. Oh well, hopefully we'll get to see some pics in two months. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 07:41 am:

I agree with all of you Vintage ford is a great magazine as well as Ford Times. I look forward to receiving my copies and reading them.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 08:07 am:

All I can say is "ditto" to all the other comments. Very nice issue. Well done, all! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 08:25 am:

For the first time my Wife pilfered the VF and read it before me....guess I'll have to stand guard at the mailbox!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:14 am:

I received my copy yesterday. It is the best issue in years! I hope it stays that way. I especially enjoyed the article by Bill Bennett on his early 1911. That's the kind of stuff I enjoy reading about. Well done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aleesa Drennen-VF editor on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very excited to be your New Editor, but I'm far from new to the MTFCA. I have actually been helping the club with marketing, design and copy writing projects for the last 17 years! Are you shocked? I was a little surprised it had been that long, but time flies when you are having fun and love what you do. I'm really looking forward to this new adventure. Keep the compliments, suggestions and critiques coming, and I'll do my best to create more copies that cause wrestling matches at the mailbox.

"I called dibs, you got it first last time."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Very interesting issue.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Well I have to say I am impressed also! I look forward from month to month (that's two (2) waiting for the VF to arrive.
So just keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

The cover photo shows one of my favorite places. I first saw it in the summer of 1953, when I was twelve. If you haven't been there, it's certainly worth a visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

From England - I also agree with the positive points made above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Excellent improvements!

I am noticing that delivery of the magazine is getting more and more in sync with the issue date for each successive publication, an improvement that is long overdue. In the past I would receive the July/August edition during the last few days of August, when most of the events were long past!

Also, I do appreciate the larger and clearer fonts used!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Anybody notice larger print ? Now that is an improvement along with the rest of the issue. It did seem to be more interesting and I did enjoy reading the articles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Missed Tom Carnegie's Montana 500 Corner,I hope it's back next issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Wow, what an awesome improvement !!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 10:26 am:

I received my copy from my neighbor who got it by mistake in the mail on Tuesday. He thought it was a mailing from Ford since he has a Ford truck and went ahead and opened it. It didn't dawn on him until Thursday, that it was mine. I finally got it but in a round about way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

David Heavner, I suggest that you tell your neighbor that he could become a member of the MTFCA so he gets his own Vintage Ford magazine. :-)

Tell him this issue is just an example, there's more good stuff to come.....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Great issue and Bill Bennet's contribution reminded me of my youth when I just couldn't wait to see the next serial film "Government Agents vs. Phantom Legion" because I needed to know that Agents Hal Duncan & Sam Bradly were ok and that they were not captured by those sneaky evil spies from the Phantom Legion. 12 chapters in weekly Installments at the Pix theater. Kept me busy mowing yards for the entire summer. Thanks to all for making an enjoyable issue. I can't wait to see if Bill's 11 overcomes the evil Phantom Arsonist and the Phoenix rises from the ashes. Hmmm think I better go mow the yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

First of all, thanks to all that posted positive comments about my story of the '11 "T". I'm currently working on the car and "chapter 2" of the story. I have nearly every part down to the correct nuts and bolts to finish the car, just lacking a little time to complete the restoration. I'm not going to divulge too many details, but suffice to say, the chassis is nearly complete and a new body is waiting in the wings to be installed. For all those that are wondering, the cause of the fire was a bucket of linseed oil soaked rags left open in the barn. During my 25 year career as a volunteer firefighter, I responded to five fires caused by spontaneous combustion of linseed oil soaked rags. Yes, take that as a warning!! Again, thanks for all the positive comments and let's get these cars back on the road!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

When you get to a certain age everything reminds you of something else. A.A. Newman was a prominent local department store owner who had this house built in 1890. Before the Newmans even had a chance to move in, a workman left rags soaked with linseed oil in the place and the resulting fire destroyed it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration