BRAKE RODS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: BRAKE RODS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

I am putting together a 1923 Touring and I have a couple of questions about brake rods. In my stash of parts, I have about 10 or more rods of various configuration, all of them straight (no offset near the ends). Can I use straight rods on my '23 Touring? And how long should the rods be, measured from end of clevis to end of clevis. A few of the rods have turn buckles along the rod for adjustment.
Thank you-Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

If you have a Langs parts catalog there are some pics of the rods for different year T's. You can use it for a reference for lots of T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

They aren't straight! They go up and over the radius rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

'26-'27 are straight...all others bent to clear radius rods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/768889.html?1500758184#MB
Contact W Bender, he posted at 4:24 on July 18 in above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Mark, I will add brake rods to my list of stuff I need to get from B. Bender. I have not been to his place for quite some time. I always enjoy "chatting" with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

Hello Paul I have lots of Break rods

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration