Two auctions in one day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Two auctions in one day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

First auction had a 22 cut off touring with a 15 turtle deck. Poorly made and painted over rust but it did run. I thought about 15oo for parts. 4000 and they would not sell it for that. I did get 2 nice rear springs and 2 nice front springs for $10.oo each along with 2 nice front spring perches included Second auction I got new set of gaskets with copper head gasket a nice magneto gap gauge a oil side lamp a nice pair of front spring perches a good coil box cover and a nice NH carb and a perfect exhaust manifold. paid $130.oo Also bought a 21 engine in rough condition and think I paid way to much at $120.oo Will know more after I tear it apart. Long tiresome day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

The funny thing about engines like that? Some of the worst looking engines from the outside can turn out to be beautiful inside. I have lucked out on three or four that way. And some of the cleanest, or most oily ones, turn out to be full of water or completely worn out.
Hopefully you "stole" that '21 engine for $120.00!
Sounds like it was a fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Don't let "BURGER" hear about your bargains or he will bring his church congregation with him and burn you at the stake !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

He hasn't been on here for 3 weeks - must have got lost in the woods.

Garnet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration