Neat Period Troubleshooting Chart

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Neat Period Troubleshooting Chart
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

I recently came across a paper copy of this chart, so I scanned it in four sections and pasted them together electronically as best I could. Enjoy! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:19 am:

Great find Mark !
Any chance you provide it for a download in better resolution ?
Thanks in advance !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Sure! PM me with your email address and I will reply with a larger version (just over 500K) attached. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank in Humboldt, TN on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 09:47 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/A-POST-PP.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Thanks Dennis. I think I will add one to my next order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Who will be the first to spot what's glaringly, blatantly wrong with this lube chart that's been around for decades? Hint: It's not in the fine print.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I only see two pedals on the transmission. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Earlier engine with later fan assembly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Didn't know that Lang's does sell the 'trouble chart'- so I will order that too.
Thanks for the offer via p.m. anyway Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Steve,

The keys aren't "T" keys they're later.
😊
I had a copy of the lube chart years ago and the keys hanging at the top were correct.
It faded and disintegrated about 20 years ago.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

I can see three pedals in the lower picture and the part near the shaft in the upper picture, so it's not a two pedal.motor.
I agree with the keys, with that style of key, I don't think the coil box had a switch which is clearly shown.
So I vote for the keys .....

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on July 23, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Mark is right that the fan pulley is 26-27 and the pedals say the engine/transmission is earlier. But I think the keys (Model A?) are the most obvious thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Hmmm,....in fact Steve,....the style of hand crank says,....very early,....not to mention the brass oil fill cap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

I had the charts printed and sold them to the dealers and at Chickasha. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Isn't Leon, still correct. Many Model Ts are a mish-mash of different years parts anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Every new T owner should get one of each!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:02 am:

Starter maybe, and generator clearly shows on the engine (both views). No battery, box, or starter switch in the chassis. A non generator switch on the coil box.
I love these charts. But they are an interesting mix of vintages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 09:31 am:

The top diagram of the Lang's chart is just a modern, artist enhanced version of what is in the owners manualů...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

This is how you hijack a thread!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:49 am:

The steering wheel and pedals are on the wrong side !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:20 am:

They seem to be missing this:

Is a water pump fitted? If so, remove it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration