Restoration References

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Restoration References
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter DeBisschop on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

My son and I have a 1923 2 door coupe that is in need of restoration. Can anyone provide recommendations on best books, references, resources for the project? Start to finish. Body is in good shape, but needs complete rebuild on everything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

You are in the right place. The people on this forum have the knowledge you seek. They have helped me on any question I had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

No single book will cover everything, but here's where to start:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG93.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Welcome to the forum.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Peter -- The MTFCI Judging Guidelines will tell you which parts are correct for each year, if you care about that sort of thing. It's a good resource.

As for parts suppliers, there have been many threads on this forum about which vendors are good and which are not so good. Most folks on here seem to agree that Lang's is the best go-to place for Model T parts, and they're not far from you, in MA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:32 am:

My experience with the vendors is that there is one problem child, and the rest are great.

If you need a used or NOS part that isn't available in a vendor's website or catalog, call them, most of them have a stash of good used and NOS parts available (for a price, of course). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Get all the parts suppliers catalogs you can get and check them out. They are a great help in identifying parts and getting an idea what goes where.
Get the Ford Service manual for T's for sure along with others from the MTFCA store concerning different aspects of a Model T.

READ AND STUDY the manual and other T books to get a good idea of what to do before your start taking things apart. You will be glad you did like I was. Good luck and have fun!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration