Ford's at Strategic Air Command near Omaha Nebraska

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford's at Strategic Air Command near Omaha Nebraska
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 09:46 am:

The first annual car show at the SAC museum near Ashland Nebraska. A good aerospace and military aircraft museum located between Lincoln and Omaha NE. The cars are interspersed among the aircraft and interactive displays throughout the museum. This video show's our Model K entering through one of the massive hanger doors to the museum, then maneuvering among aircraft on display:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k95ud6vw98w3t0/Video%20Jul%2022%2C%204%2037%2004%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:04 am:

Cool video - like how you slowed it down a bit.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:14 am:

1908 Fuller, made in Alma, Nebraska:

1911 Chalmers:

1910 Auburn:

Model A among aircraft:

1915 T chassis:

1910 T, purchased new in Omaha and there since.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Rob- thanks for posting the pictures. The SAC museum is a wonderful place, and the cars make it even better. We were there after the speedster meet in Lincoln several years ago. I hope the SR71 in the lobby is still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Thank's Rob it's good to see your post!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:38 am:

It looks like an excellent museum. Are these aircraft all formerly operated by SAC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Bud, thanks.... Dan, you're welcome. John, some aircraft and interactive displays date back to WWI aircraft and WWII. There is also a MIG-21 and variety of missiles, aircraft and equipment.

A few more of my favorites, including Auburn Boatail, 36 Packard and 39 Jag....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7lzon9j4id5jhu/Video%20Jul%2023%2C%209%2023%2000%20AM .mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

That 1915 chassis has an interesting cylinder head on it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Yes, it looks like the infamous Lizard Head. Has anybody ever made one work out, mine holds my shop door open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Hey Rob,

Do you know any more information/history on the 1908 Fuller?

I am interested in learning about it for an obvious reason!

Thanks,
Ed Fuller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

I remember once seeing at Hershey, a fellow with his Fuller parked next to his Brush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

What head is on the 1915 chassis??

Thanks for showing this.

Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Fuller AND Brush?

When did they split up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Great video, Rob. You have a knack for always choosing the right music to accompany your videos. Well done!

There were a lot of really swell cars there, even if some of them weren't Fords. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Rob, Nice video!!! I see they have a B-17, a B-29, and I didn't see it, but wonder if they still have the SR71. I want to go there.... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Ed: I am no expert on the Fuller, but I will tell you what I know from the owner. It was actually built in Angus, Nebraska not Alma as Rob indicated. They made about 600 cars and this is the only one known to survive.

Sean: I don't think John had the Fuller at Hershey, but I don't know that for sure. Of course there could also have been another Fuller company besides this one in Nebraska.

I didn't have my Model T in the SAC car show, but I did have an unrestored 1911 Hupmobile touring and a 1931 Pontiac convertible coupe in the show. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures so can't post. You can see just the front end of my Pontiac behind the Fuller photo though. To the left, Red with black fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Rob H! Good to see your posts. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to view the video yet. Probably my slow sort-of DSL

Ed Fuller, and Steve H, Yes, there was another Fuller, and maybe more. I had a 1910 Fuller, built by the Fuller Buggy Company of Jackson Michigan. They had quite a history. The owner of the Fuller Buggy Company was also a part owner of the Jackson Automobile Co. The strangest thing about the whole Fuller automobile thing, is that most books and other histories seem to get them all mixed up. I have read so many conflicting articles, that I think one would need to start from the beginning and sort them all out using the internet the way Rob H has in his study of the model K Ford. I don't know how much can even be straightened out that way. There likely were at least three Fuller automobile companies, and maybe even two incarnations in Nebraska alone. I have seen a couple of high wheel type cars and trucks said to have been the Nebraska Fuller. Articles disagree on whether they built a standard type of automobile or not.
The Jackson/Fuller from Michigan made more cars, and several models for almost three years (late 1908 being the first). About twenty Jackson/Fuller automobiles are known to exist. More than a few of them having been incorrectly claimed or displayed as being the Nebraska Fuller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Cook on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:11 am:

Yes, Keith, the SR 71 is still there. It was hanging right over Rob's cars. I have the good fortune to be a volunteer helping restore aircraft at the museum. Almost as much fun as restoring my Model T.
We are currently restoring an EC-135 "Looking Glass" that had to be put outside to make room for the cars - fortunately it didn't rain. The aircraft are restored inside and out, but not to the extent of putting them in flying condition.
Nice video Rob. I shared it with staff at the museum today.
I encourage any of you who like aircraft to visit the museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Don, Thanks for the info on the SR 71. I definitely want to see this museum - maybe next year as we travel on I 80 on the way to the Northern CA Tour in the wine country. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Thanks for all the comments. Our K spent years in museums, starting in 1964 in the Lars Andersen Museum. Then the Imperial Palace and finally a private collection before being liberated four years ago. That's why I think it made a mad dash to get out of the Museum car show Sunday.... :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jjozz82ul6sy18/Video%20Jul%2024%2C%208%2034%2016%20PM .mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

The Jackson Fuller and the Nebraska Fuller apparently were the only cars ever produced under that name. A Fuller electric car company was listed in Detroit in 1914, but there's no evidence that it ever produced an actual car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

Nice exit video, Rob!

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration