Any interest in starting T club in Georgia area?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Any interest in starting T club in Georgia area?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:23 am:

I'm a newbie, but getting the bug bad. Frustrated that no T club in GA. I've see a few posts and threads from forum members in GA. Heck, even if it's only an internet group only, can't we get something started in Georgia.
I know it's a big state, but even we get together once or twice a year, that's 200 percent more than we got now.
I'll contact national and see if they can proide a list of GA members, but privacy issues may prevent that. So I'll throw this thread out and if you have any interst, respond, or send me a PM.

I'll take the ball and run with it. If the interest is there.

I'm in the Atlanta area, but used to trailing to events with my WWII jeep. So, have T, will travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Robert, the Tennessee T's are very active and not terribly far from you in Atlanta. I'm in northern Alabama and do all of my riding around with those folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Miller on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

I am in the Savannah area and have joined the SC club. A lot of their meets are in Columbia, but have other meets around the state. They are a really good group, and you would be more than welcome at any meet. Scmodeltford.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Robert, it would be great to start a GA chapter. If you email me I can provide a list of MTFCA members you could contact. Not everyone is on the Forum.
Susan@MTFCA.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Susan, email sent. Also, any requirements from National on affiliates, let me know. This might be a nice winter project. In addition to working on one car, maybe putting together that helps a dozen or so cars and their owners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Robert,

MTFCI has a Georgia chapter:

North Georgia T's
Calvin Watts
P.O. Box 672
Fairmount, GA 30139

But, if that's not close to you, or you NEED to be MTFCA, then starting a chapter is the way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:30 am:

I've written to Calvin.

Thank you for that contact. It's only an hour drive, or 4 days in the T away from Atlanta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Robert,

Atlanta & the outlying areas need representation.

Good Luck !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Robert,

Sent you additional contact info via PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

I would be interested but GA is so big I think there would have to be a North and South division.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Robert... Set a time and place for a meeting, advertise it a little and see what happens. If a few folks show up you have a start. Then there's the paperwork that Susan or someone in higher headquarters can help you with. We have a combined club, MTFCA and MTFCI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin Watts on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Robert, my cell number is 706-263-2068
give me a call

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

I shared information with Robert Brough, so hope you folks can rally to start a new MTFCA chapter or two in Georgia. It only takes five members to start a chapter and very simple paperwork.

Let me know what else I can do to help out. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

Robert, A good friend of mine and a great former CenTex Tin Lizzie chapter Member moved about an hour north of - he call it Hotlanta. He has a restored '20 coupe and '26 roadster with a rumble seat . Still has a TX cell number. He also doesn't do computers. Call Dave Barrett at (512) 665-5984. Tell him I sent you..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration