A-25 Champion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A-25 Champion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Is anyone familiar with A-25 Champion spark plugs ? I ran across a set of 4, but can't find any info on them. Hope they are a good plug for a model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

I run them in my speedster's Rajo head. They work great for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Word of warning; do not screw the terminal top down too tight. When you go to take it off you can unscrew the top of the electrode from it's connection inside the plug and they never seem to work the same after. Been there, done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

A-25 plugs can be either a single unit or 3 piece construction like X plugs depending when they were made. Either will work just fine. The older 3 piece plugs came in an X style insulator or the later ribbed insulator style. Most were labeled with
X and A-25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

These are newer plugs, not 3 piece. Thanks for the info guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Not to speak for Mark, but I've read about the problem he spoke of, and the problem is that if you're not careful as he says, the center electrode can actually come loose from the porcelain on the plugs that are not designed to come apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

The separating electrode seems to be a common problem with the A-25 plugs. I've experienced the same thing with Autolite 3095, but only once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:29 am:

The 25 have a screw connection that might have been glued in place but with a little force they of course thread off the same direction as the terminal nut.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration