Rewiring a 26 Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rewiring a 26 Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

I'm thinking about tackling a full rewiring job on my 26 Fordor. I see MAC has the kits. Hesitant because I don't know what I am really get into or am just over thinking it.Any suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Only difference between a Fordor and any other generator T is the dome light wire. Unless you are replacing the headliner and side panels, hope that that wiring is OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Print out a copy of the wiring diagram from Texas T (Birdhaven). Purchase the wiring, but I would ask if they have it in stock or you might wait weeks for it to come in. Then just follow the diagram and do one set of wires at a time. It really is pretty simple.

Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 09:18 am:

I have been waiting since May for '26 Coupe wiring from Lang's. Still no expected delivery date. Supplier problem I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Rewiring a T is pretty straight forward. Call the suppliers to see if they have the wiring in stock if you want to get started fairly quick.

Along with replacing the wiring I would rebuild he the coil box if it hasn't been already. The coil box is the heart of a Model T!

Rewire one set of wires at a time and follow the diagram. The wires are color coded and make it pretty easy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration