Windshield upper frame stampings in the groove-18 runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield upper frame stampings in the groove-18 runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:13 am:

I've been looking at the windshield frames since I talked to a classmate who is the local glass-man.
The frames aren't pretty but they've been on there for a long time.
I stood in the little shop spacing out, thinking about nabbing some screws that hold the assembly in the mounts and then it looked at me.
That beautiful upper frame with the hinge halves.
Didn't really realize it might be a fit before.

frame

So, I take this upper frame and start shaking out a little bit of rust, flakes and dust after popping the "caps" off.
Grabbed a toothbrush and started cleaning the dust out of the groove.
I find these.

frame 2

frame 3

Can you folks tell me about these stampings inside the glass groove?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration