Hobby or what?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hobby or what?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

This might belong in the classifieds.

However, I live in the south shore of Massachusetts. Am looking for someone who is new to these vehicles as I am who is interested in learning how they are built. I have as of yet to find anyone with a T who is interested.

This is not a full time hobby as I have may family obligations.

I work on it when I can! Today is raining and I will be in my shop the rest of the day, tinkering!

If you are interested e-mail me.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

A lot can be learned from the available Model T manuals. The Ford Service Manual is probably the most widely read and studied book about the Model T.
You can buy them from any of the major T parts vendors.
Other manuals that cover the engine,transmission and etc. are also available from the MTFCA website.
Carefully reading and studying the Ford service manual will go a long way in understanding how a T is put together and most importantly how they are repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

John, i replied to your PM on 7/7, never heard anything back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

John, ah! three John's, lol! Did not ignore you, never received PM. It doesn't matter, forgot what I asked.

The other John, I have many books and have read them quite frequently since 1997 when first purchased T. I was a member of MTFCA and read publication.

I'm not ignorant of the car, just starting to work on it. I have a lot to do and will be learning all the way. Figured there must be others in my boat.

thanks,
the third John.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration