'26 roadster windshields attachment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '26 roadster windshields attachment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

I'm putting together my windshield and what is the proper arrangement of the nuts and washers when I attach it to the stanchions?
Does the stanchion go where the red arrow is pointing?

application/octet-stream
Windshield-fasteners (64.5 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

why isn't this image showing? I'll try again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Yes.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Thanks Norm. I'll get right on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

The more rounded side of the square lock nut to hold the male cone of the frame should face out. That way won't interfere with action when fitted to the female cone of the stanchion.

No washer needed unless you want it under the square nut.

Then the stud only should stick out of the stanchion, lastly the nickel wing nut fastens the frame to stanchion , for the swivel adjustment. A tiny dab of Vaseline on the mating cone surfaces with improve windshield adjusting action too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

So the rounded nut should face out toward the stanchion? Isn't the cup in the piece that fits the window frame concave so to match the nut? And the washer was part of the original set up and is not a standard washer. Its diameter is slightly smaller than a standard washer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Dan, what square nut? The tapered nut is a hex nut. I should have taken pictures when I took it all apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Will

You are correct, didn't remember right on the tapered nut. Still don't think a washer is needed, but if so, place it under the wing nut. Have used small stainless washers there too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration