Looking for my '23 Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for my '23 Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Caleb Walker on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Several years ago I had the 1923 Speedster that I had built in high school sold out from under me by my greedy mother. I had been away from home for several years and she sold it without my knowledge a few months before I came home. I have no information as to where it went and she will not give me any information at all. I am to the point in my life where I can afford to possibly purchase it back and I would love to find it. Please see the attached pictures and ask anyone you may know if they have seen this around. Any information would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you all for any help you could give.
Sincere and hopeful,

Caleb Walker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Caleb,

Where was it located when sold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Caleb Walker on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

As far as I know my mother sold it out of Quincy, IL. I grew up in a small town outside of Quincy in Ursa IL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Caleb,
Welcome to the forum but sorry it is under these circumstances. Hopefully, it can be located.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Too Many "If's" to list them here.

However, you can probably find the current owner if your car had a title, and you know the title number and / or the VIN number.

Was there a title, and do you know the above two numbers?

There are additional avenues to finding the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

What Vern said above.

Have you asked at fordbarn.com and facebook yet?
Some members and T'ers overlap these 3 forums but some are exclusive to one or another.
Wishing the best of luck! It'd be cool to hear you found it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Caleb Walker on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

I had a copy of the registration at one point and all the DMV could tell me was when the title transferred. No more specifics. I have tried facebook toi, but with no luck. I will try the ford barn next. Hadn't thought of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Try looking for a match on Google images.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Looks like a really nice car. I wish you the best of luck in finding it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration