'26 brake rod length?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '26 brake rod length?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Hey all, as I have the back end of my T apart (what a job!) I see that I have brake rods with the early-style bends in them. From what I've read, the 26 model year should have straight rods. I have no evidence of my car being a bitsa (though the block and probably serial number were changed at some time) and it still has the later large drum rear end so it seems weird that just the brake rods would be wrong.

As I understand it, the straight rods were shorter but what would have stopped Ford (or anyone, I guess) from just making short versions of the bent rods? Near as I can tell my car is relatively early for a '26, I believe with the change records I sorted it out to being built in Oct or Nov of '25.

So before I trade them for straight brake rods, what's the correct length for '26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

My '26 Touring has bends, and as far as I know, they are the originals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Ross-Maysville, KY on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Look on Langs website. They list the length. If no luck tell me and I'll measure mine tomorrow. They are out of the car currently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Easy enough, I'll look at Langs when I'm out in the garage tomorrow night.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration