One of Grandpa's Gow Job Ts (Purists need not enter)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: One of Grandpa's Gow Job Ts (Purists need not enter)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Marshall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Thought I would share a couple photos of one of my Grandpa's Ts. From what I understand this was the less souped up of the two that he had, but reading through the forum and some of the comments I see I'm sure it will still make the T purists quake in their boots :D

My mom calls it "sullys T" as I believe that my grandpa got it from a gentleman of that name.

Grandpa passed in '86 and while the other car was driven for sometime after that, this car has essentially been sitting around for the last 30 years. It almost qualifies for a barn find at this point! (if there were barns in southern california)

One of these days it will be back on the road again that is for sure.

Thanks for looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Was your grandfather Dick Bloomfield? I remember him well. When I was a kid, he helped me to get into the Model T hobby and gave me parts for my first speedster project. He had two very similar "gow job" roadsters. One had a brass radiator and one had a steel radiator. Do you have both of them? I believe the other car was Rajo powered. This is a great car. Congratulations on keeping it in the family. It is very special indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Now THAT is nice. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Marshall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Yes, Dick was my grandfather. Unfortunately we only have this car and a "Pie Wagon" that was my Uncle Wills.

The '15 was my Aunt's and she ran into some financial issues (I believe) and was forced to sell it sometime in the 90's.

The motor that was in the '15 kicked a rod in the late 80's. My Dad built a more "stock" motor for it prior to my aunt selling it. My dad still has the motor from that car in his garage.

I'll have to get over there and get some photos of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:51 am:

It looks pretty good from the outside!:-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Looks perfectly 'Gow' (Good) to me. I'd be a buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

You make it sound as if being a purist is something negative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Marshall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

No way is being a purist a bad thing. Maybe I've been reading too many water pump threads and was scared of the reaction.

:D

No offense meant in any way shape or form.

Cheers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Back in the 60's 70's I remember the Bloomfield brothers were heavy into the speed stuff. One year I went to El Mirage and watched them run their car--a yellow stripped roadster which had a GEMSA head. They ran a standing start 1/8 mile track. I have never seen a car run like that one did! O to 97 mph in 1/8 mile. I still have a picture with one of them leaning on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Ok thanks Erik. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Marshall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Harry, That's pretty cool! If you can take a photo or scan of that picture I would love to see it. I'm sure my Mom and aunts would too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

I think that is awesome! I couldn't imagine going 97 mph in a T with a stock Frame, steering, and brakes. But maybe those were modified too. I like the hood ornament too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

Erik ---send me your email and and I'll send it to you horl@bak.rr.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I love it.

If I had any of the cars I remember my grandfather driving, I'd cherish them and never let them go.

(Message edited by Rustyfords on July 26, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Don,

I certainly cherish mine and it is not going anywhere. Here is our speedster that my grandfather built in the early '70s. That's my son and I at the start of the Santa Clara endurance run a few years back.

speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Erik- That Radiator cap ROCKS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

The whole car ROCKS--what a "sleeper" (and I'm an "original" guy, but that's incredible. As are the speedsters. How cool that they have been handed down through the family. Looks like it had a leather strap over the hood at one time. Now that would sorta "give away" what's under the hood! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Erik,
I have a 27 coup that has an engine with the same speed modifications that your car has. Mine was built in the 60's and in storage since mid 70's. Same GEMSA side plates, head and carb. as yours. Yours has a different water pump. My car has a model A crank which is pressurized. They moved the block forward on the pan. My car came from Arcadia.
It also has rear hydraulic drum brakes.

Wonder if the same person built both engines. It would be great if we could get the cars together.
I live in Fallbrook, Ca. I'm slowly getting it to where I can start it. Had to replace the gas tank.

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 05:36 am:

Great car, love the history, keep it and please please make it run again !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 07:14 am:

Absolutely love that T. What a machine. Would love to own a T with all those period speed accessories! Awesome. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration