Lubrication Trick

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lubrication Trick
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

I use this simple method of lubricating the drag links on all of my Fords. When assembling the drag link to the pitman arm and tie rod I have always packed the joints with old fashioned wheel bearing grease. But what about after a few hundred miles? It's a chore to remove those caps to repack, so what I do when oiling the shackles, king pins and tie rod ends is to squirt oil into the ball areas, and work the drag link back and forth a few times to allow the oil to flow in. Works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Thanks for the lube tip Larry. Have done the same and packed the front axle ball joints with grease as well. My next front axle oil lube will include these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:40 am:

I do that too with Bar oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 01:53 am:

I do the same using the rear end oil (600W or SAE 250 gear oil). Have done it for >10 years with almost no wear in the king pin bushings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration