OT Modern Fords

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Modern Fords
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GF0tg71g4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Great video, thanks Steve. Makes you want to go out and buy one eh??
Regards. Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

I like the coupe pronunciation .... koo pay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:31 am:

My grandpa said it like that koo-pay. They used to show the internals of the motor to sell you a car. Now that a lot of people can't even change oil anymore they just show you how it can parallel park for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 02:02 am:

Chris - that's how we pronounce it over here in Europe and apparently also back then in the US.
I'm not sure when the chain fall off..... :-)
(Note the accent above the e: Coupé)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 02:59 am:

I believe some other similar words are pronounced the same-
Porsche - Por sha
Cafe - Ca fay
etc etc

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 05:31 am:

Cafe is likely spelled Café - at least in french where it comes from - just like Coupé does :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 08:23 am:

I am going to my ford dealer now! I'm sure they have at least 1 or 2 left over in the back lot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Wouldn't mind having one of those. Especially the convertible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

My second car in highschool was a 40 coup. It would run like a scared rabbit in low and second but would loose out when you hit high. Would like to have it today, but I don't have the energy to finish my TT. Allen S W. Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

I liked the video Steve, so I went out and bought one :-) It is a fun car to drive, just like a T.

flathead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Old joke:
"Why does a chicken coupe have 2 doors?...
Because if it had 4 doors it would be a chicken sedan!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

I really like the thoughts Man-well in OZ provided!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Great video. My brother in law has 2 hot rod coupes a 39 black with a 265 tri power set up, 4 speed car his dad built in the late 50s. Factory paint steel wheels and all. Really old school hot rod. Also he has a modern resto rod black 40 coupe he built. I like the stock ones but both of his are really nice. But the one from the 50s build is just cool. It also was a the feature car at the Dawsonville Ga Moonshine festival last year. It's a really big ford gathering in the fall of the year. Still the one old car I haven't had. Might not get one at this point!! The T s and A s are in the garAge space.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Coups are for chickens.

Convertibles are for men.
The price goes up if the top goes down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Bump.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration