What is this Stewart speedometer part. ?? (on e-bay)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is this Stewart speedometer part. ?? (on e-bay)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 05:57 am:

I saw this part listed on E-Bay as a Model T part. I have no clue what it is or how it fits. ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182682229971?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack =true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 06:25 am:

Donnie,

It's actually a really neat tool used to locate the mounting screws on wood spoke wheels for the gear.

The machined center fits its inside of the hub and the other three points mark for the screws.

Any updates on your speedster?

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 07:07 am:

I used one of those when I located the points for the road gear for my '25. Perfect fit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Thanks guys. That makes sense, now that you tell me what it is. Ed, the speedster body is still at the upholstery shop. I plan on doing an update on the progress as soon as I get the body back home.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration