TT's after 100 years?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TT's after 100 years?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:00 am:

'Great-Grand' Trucks?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/27/today-ford-pickup-trucks-10 0-year-anniversary/515233001/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Mmmmmmmm, think I need a grain of salt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

We live in the golden age of misinformation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

One of the things I learned early-on at E.F. Hutton: 'Economics-101' (The law of Supply & Demand) - "Talk is cheap, because the Supply exceeds the Demand!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

The top of the salt shaker came off and it dumped the whole load!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

The credibility of news stories in general always goes out the window for me when I read an article on a subject I know about and find it so full of errors. Always makes me wonder about the accuracy of news stories on a subject I know little about.

Another example; remember in the late 70's and early 80's when the big 3 were losing market share to Japanese makes? I well remember a common critique of Detroit was their unwillingness to build right hand drive vehicles suitable for sale/export to Japanese customers. That I knew Ford had been building RHD cars and trucks from the beginning and still were in England, Australia and South Africa made me realize how shallow and poorly researched reporting could be. I could only assume the same was true for the rest of it.

Export to Japan was not viable for business reasons. Japan is the master of what are known as "non-tariff barriers". Through those, they make it too expensive to do business there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Local boy makes good

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2017/07/27/ford-trucks-celebra te-100-years-americas-workhorse-icon/511496001/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Where is Rob Heyen?
He straightened us out on the Model K, lets hope he will do a story on the Model TT.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration