Does Anyone Know This Model T Song?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Does Anyone Know This Model T Song?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Lux on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

I apologize if this is too off topic!!! My mom taught me this 50 years ago:

In my F. O. R. D. Ford
In my T. I. N. tin Ford
I will T. A. K. E. take you
For an R. I. D. E. ride
In the D. A. R. K. dark
We will P. A. R. K. park
And I'll K. I. S. S. kiss you
All the T. I. M. E. time

The capital letters are spelled out, and I probably have the lyrics different than the originals due to 'drift' over time. I have never been able to find anything about a that song but figured this was the place if anyone would know! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Not OT as far as I can tell. Tin or tin and board plus Ford mentioned in one song/rhyme? ON topic.
Here's a version from https://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/Recess-is-BACK-Hand-Clapping-Games Scroll down about an 1/8 of the way.
I copied and pasted the whole thing in duckduckgo.com's search window.

I have an F-O-R-D Ford

Made of T-I-N tin board

And Iíll T-A-K-E you for an R-I-D-E-ride

Through the P-A-R-K park

Where itís D-A-R-K dark

And Iíll K-I-S-S kiss you

All the T-I-M-E time!

Clapping games... I'd guess all clap in time on the caps! I tried it. Pretty tough right off the bat.
I should teach it to my grand-kids! Or my wife... ;-)

I'd say from 50 year old memories, you pretty much nailed it. :-)

Pretty cool Bill.
Your first post here! Welcome!
You have any of these consarned model T's down there in Nebrasky? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Lux on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Thanks! Not so much T's as some A's . I guess that's pretty much the story everywhere. My 13 year old LOVES the T's and maybe, someday, we will have the honor of owning one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Bill - sing a few bars and I'll see if I remember it.

Better yet let's visit a few bars and see if a few drinks help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Yeah, but how about the title? I have a lot of old T sheet music, but this one doesn't ring a bell!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration