Newbie got a TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Newbie got a TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

was out in the hills and saw a lil TT looking alone and hungry so I gave it a quart of 30 wt. yep it followed me home. gotta get the kid to get the photos off the SD card (whatever that is) will post in the AM

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

pic HA just take your laptop outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

I love it! Who is the maker of the wood cab? That will be fun. Some better photos are a must. We like photos so get good at it. What year? Auxilliary transmission?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Michael- you are going to have a ball with that truck!
This was a parade in Fayetteville, TN in 1998. We had fun and always drew a crowd. Notice Davey Crockett (Pappaw) on the end- Yes- That is a real antique muzzleloader. And yes, he walked the streets beside and ahead of the truck passing out candy to the kids. Nobody ever said anything negative about the gun- but then, that was in a previous century.

Here's another shot. We won the BIG trophy. A great day with the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

gonna have to take some more tomorrow.1922(we will see) starter/generator looks like the shifter works what my untrained eye is a overdrive. Don't know who built the cab. Water pump is frozen, carb is a lawnmower replacement(on the floor of the cab nothing on the motor. some one has made an attempt at restoration a while ago but has been treated pretty well...will be at the tea party

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

And some of the tires hold air? That's just too cool.
Nice lookin' TT!
What Dallas and Bill both said. :-)
Shoot, your TT has paint on it.
My TT left most of its paint elsewhere. :-)
Anxious for you to have it running!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:07 am:

Albert

Hello Newbie!

Enjoy your TT, don't leave it in the garage :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:24 am:

Adrian, good to see you on here again!!!! Where have you been?? :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:29 am:

Hi Dave, I have been lurking :-)

Life carries on....

How are you doing too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:32 am:

Moved house, planted garden, worked on a 1939 Wolseley (10 hp) I have had for 28 years, married off 2 kids, 'helping' daughter and son in law renovating house, and now I have started on a '24. Not sure what body it may have yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 07:47 am:

Adrian's truck does what a TT was meant to do. Makes me want to get back to my TT project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Adrian! I like to know that you are doing well. One of the best TT trucks around the world!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Thanks guys - its nice to be missed !

(Steve, I think we started TTs about the same time. I look forward to following your TT project on "Geezer" in the near future).

Michael, here is 'Albert' in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-EIAYe7E4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

ok so it wasn't this morning but her are some closer pics of the TT and a hidden pic of the Bitsa car in progress picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

What a peach! Good looking truck. I wish my cab was that complete. Thanks for photos. Keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

Very nice truck. I can that you kicked the tires before you bought it.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

and now I can say that I have tackled repairing a tube on the front split rim and the tube on the LR had sucked into the hole...Why? cause the wheel was 180 out and the index point was missed...wheel slipped. much larger wheels on the rear and a whole nuther level of Split ring wheels.

more later
Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Those split ring rears are the wheels that want to kill you. I took mine to a tire shop where they could mount the new tires in a cage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 09:53 am:

okay so during the tire repair I found the wheel bolts and nuts on the rear were rounded making for a bit of work ...Question..the rear wheels have 5 sets and the front have 4 sets. are the bolts and nuts the same size? I cannot find anything that relates to the TT only sets of 4 for the T any help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Try here.

www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/ton-truck/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Hi Michael welcome to the world of TTs
Nice truck your going to have alot of fun with it.
Everything is heavier on the rear of a TT one ton the front is
The same as the car good luck with your project. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Thanks Pat. The designation Ton Truck opens a whole new world

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Very cool TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Nice truck Michael, enjoy!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration