Man of the Year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Man of the Year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

The MDFCI has named the recipient of the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award. This week MTFCI President Gordon Koll presented the award to Phil Eyre of Battle Creek, Michigan. Among his accomplishments, Phil has purchased and restored multiple Model T's ranging from a 1909 Touring to a 1927 Roadster Pickup that was driven cross country. He has been elected as MTFCI President and served on the Board of Directors for several terms. His 1912 Torpedo and his 1911 Commercial Roadster both have been awarded the Stynoski Award. Phil readily provides sage advice on the Ford Model T, trucks, trailers, marriage, child rearing and friendship. He is keenly interested in the preservation of the hobby for generations to come. My heartiest of congratulations for winning this well deserved award.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Congratulations Phil !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Excellent choice!

I'll add the he has also passed the hobby on to this son & late daughter, which I commend him on as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

Congratulations Phil! Thank you for all you do for our hobby!

Thankfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Congratulations, Phil & Estelle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Nice People!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Here is Phil being presented with the award by Gordon Koll.
Phil and Gord

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Wow, great news and the best choice. If I had not met Phil over 30 years ago and ran around picking parts with him I would possibly not stuck with this and would probably have less than half my collection if any of it. I swear he can roll down the window of his truck and smell a Model T and know what year it is.

I could tell lots of stories but will only tell this one; The fire truck in my profile was going up for auction and it belonged to an old friend of mine. I called Phil and asked if he would bring his trailer and do the bidding for me on that day. I told Phil my limit and the auction went all day as they do for that one item. Finally the fire truck came up and there were lots of people on it...bidding went back and forth until there were only 2, Phil and another guy. I stood back through all of this watching and finally Phil had the last bid..."SOLD, bidder number?" and I held up my number. There were lots of people there who knew Phil, knew me and my relationship with Phil and the seller and put it all together quick and a cheer went up. I don't know if that is OK to do but we pulled it off that day and the high bid won.

Thanks Phil, that was a good day and congratulations!

Tim Moore

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration