A really good day today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A really good day today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

88 days ago I fell unconscious one story and landed left knee first on my garage floor. My kneecap shattered in over 50 pieces, I actually missed most of the first 20 days...they had rebuilt my kneecap with superglue and wire as the orthopod said later 50% of artificial kneecaps don't work out.

The prognosis though with the accompanying brain injury was said to take a year at best (groan) and in time I asked the forum about rigging for right foot yet many replies said 'find geometry that works using your own feet'

Reading the other thread 'out of commission' and seeing all the helpful hints there gave me motivation...I went out and dustmopped the T!...today I felt brave...set it for low and neutral only and the lame leg that can't yet fully bend, nor lift a 2# weight was able to press the starter button, and depress the pedal...yea team I drove slowly around the neighborhood!!!!! Will have to have written preflight tho....forgot to unplug the voltage tender and forgot to advance timing past start position...rookie mistakes I haven't made in near 40 years so it overheated (groan)

Thanks to everybody for the encouragement and advice. I'm probably 200 days ahead of schedule

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Like! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Atta boy, George. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Great to hear!! I remember your post and shuddered at your description. The forum heals all :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Hello George,

I am so glad to hear you are progressing in your recovery. After seeing how far you fell, it is amazing you are doing so well now!

It was a pleasure transporting your baby down to Florida for you as well as meeting you, your wife & son.

Praying for continued success in complete recovery!

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

I agree......Atta Boy George !!!!

Great positive motivation indeed.

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Goerge..glad to hear you're (slowly) back in the saddle! You were probably so excited to get the T going again that's why you made those little rookie mistakes! I woulda too! Keep plugging...don't give up, you'll make it! God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Hat's off to ya George, well done ! keep at it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Old saying that I remembered when I read you post tonight says something like ..."the man who succeeds gets up just one more time than he falls down" Good for you that you didn't quit. You are an inspiration. See you on a tour...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 03:30 am:

Good for you! Take it easy. Take it slow. And take it for all it is worth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:39 am:

I busted my right femur big time last November. It was March before I could drive the T. That first ride was wonderful! Congrats on your recovery - may it continue rapidly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Thanks to all for the continued support and encouragement.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration