27 Chev head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 27 Chev head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

Can someone give me an idea of the value of this head.It even has a good valve cover.Thanks Fritz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Being a 27 Chev head, a single port, you will need to check if cracked, they are prone to crack right in the middle of the top, if you are looking for a poor mans rago then the 28 twin port head is the one to look for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary
Or do a Advance search on ebay or 1927 Chevrolet heads and see what they have been selling for. Depends who's buying and Chevrolet or a Ford guy! :-)LOL
There was one just sold on ebay, it had been checked for cracks and had new valve guides installed, it sold for 350$ but I think that was a bit on the high side for what would be average prices that normally are a lot less. May have been bought by a T guy wanting to do overhead conversion and was new to the game esp as it did not have even the rocker arms and shafts, nor valves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

The 2 intake port 28 Chev head is the best choice if you are looking for a low budget OHV head. I have two 28 Chev engines with heads that I would be happy to sell as a package for $350.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

I hear that the three port Oldsmobile head is even better!?
I heard one run once, but never had a good chance to compare it to others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

That is true about the 3 port. One of the problems is that while these heads are cheap (compared to T overheads) the cost of bolting one up is not. Fabricating the adapter is time consuming as well as the water outlet. If you are paying to have the work done it becomes more economical to simply buy a period head or even a new one.

Of course if you have the tooling it's just time . . .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration