What make is this C Cab truck?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What make is this C Cab truck?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

I don't believe it's a Model T.

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

It looks Dodge-ish to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

A friend of mine is interested in finding out anything about this truck. It belonged to his grandfather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

1915-16 Dodge Brothers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 09:47 am:

Erik:
not a Dodge Brothers ...I just sent a 1915 DB to Australia ...I had owned that car for 30 years ...the fenders are not correct and the cowl is not concave in front of the windshield ...also DB had a raised area on the front of the rear fenders where there was a grease fitting for the rear spring bolt ( also you should be able to see the rear spring in this view ) not sure what make chassis BUT not a DB ...always an optimist gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

maybe this other truck from my friends grandfather may help the identification?

What kind of truck is this:

p

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

You're right Gene, on taking a closer look. The details say a lot. The second one looks like a Dodge too but something looks off about the radiator cap and apron where the crank goes through. That guy is going to get scratched if he is not careful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 07:03 am:

Thanks Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

I think both of them look like Chevrolet. The first one late '10s, the second one, early '20s (missing the bow tie).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

You're right Wayne. Looks like quarter elliptical springs on the second one. Common on 20's Chevrolets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

I don't know if I am right or not. But that was my second thought for the first one, and first thought on the second photo. My first thought on the first photo was Dodge, then I realized the fender curve wasn't quite right. Delivery trucks can be a little tricky. Body and windshield cues are different than with the open cars we see so often.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration