1925 Pickup Taillight Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1925 Pickup Taillight Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Can someone suggest a good way of correcting the license plate bracket? It is 1/2 inch higher on the right than the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Looks like all of the twist comes from that joggle under the light (but above the license plate). It's hard to tell if the little shelf is twisted or if the bend itself is screwy. In either case, my solution would probably involve a vise, some kind of short bar, and a lot of little taps with a hammer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Could always just drill a hole in license plate, it's replaceable the T isn't

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:10 am:

I have original license plates so drilling a hole is not an option. Is it normal to have this much of a differential in the bracket? If someone could post a similar original light, so we could compare the two, that would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:30 am:

I had the same problem with my mount. I hate drilling holes into my T, and will not drill out an original 1920 license.

I made my plate "even" by placing a thin piece of poplar wood between the bracket and the plate. Naturally, the holes will be uneven, but the plate will appear straight when looking at it from the rear. I also painted it black to blend in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Daniel

Yours is just bent up from an accident. Find a better bracket or fix it like Tim posted.

Here is one twisted up and bent too.

What is should look like straight without damage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration