How About This TT!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How About This TT!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/ford-model-tt-truck-rare-open/6238172955 .html

When it's done, it should be worth $5,000!!!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

And, no, I have no connection to the owner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Good luck to him with the $7500. Hope springs eternal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:57 am:

That truck needs allot of love. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Seller seems to make pains that it is so special [with it being such an original 1924], one wonders if it should be noted that it has a 26/27 pedal set, 4-dip pan and coil box mounted atop the engine ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 09:54 am:

The two speed tranny and flat head motor with wood spoke wheels are very rare! Oh,wait, they all came that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Is that a ruckstell shifter don't tell him what that is for, the price will jump another 7 grand!(Or maybe that is what he thinks is a two speed transmission)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:12 am:

What's rare is the "original" cut off touring body. I didn't "C" another cab ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:18 am:

A "little" TLC? Yikes! This is on life support!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Steve Jelf:

This guy is also hoping……

https://mankato.craigslist.org/cto/d/model-pickup/6202591092.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:57 am:

I once bought a TT that had a body like that and Snyder's told me that someone had stuck a roadster body on a TT frame. I liked it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Erik, That's the rarest of all TT "pickups", a 1918 with electric start. That's obviously the reason for the price. I won't be calling, because I'm not serious enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:29 am:

On the bright side, with prices like that the hot rodders won't be buying them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:50 am:

I enjoy seeing them. The price for looking is just right.
Thanks for sharing them.
rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

I have seen quite a few TT trucks with cut-off touring, runabout, coupe and even sedan bodies used on them. Other than some of the better wooden cabs (like Martin-Perry), I think they are my favorites. It was just a natural to buy the chassis, and pick up a body from a junked T and just use it. I think that if I were to yet get a T chassis, that is what I would do with it. (If I live long enough?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

I like it, I'm just not a fan of the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

" IT was running when i parked 75 years ago " . lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:16 am:

I'm with Wayne and Tim - she's great (minus the price). Minus whatever it took to get her running, along with a coat of linseed oil -I wouldn't touch a thing on her.

I missed out on TT up in Maine a few years ago - had a '24 (or so) coupe body mounted on her with a homemade express bed. She'd been pulled from an old hay barn after 50+ years and was fantastic looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:42 am:

I like both trucks,but like others the price is a shut down. Going to auctions around here isn't any better. I attended an auction because one of the items was a 1919 TT. I waited around for about 5 hours to get to the TT and when it came up the opening bid from me was $900 (Seized motor no carb etc, but a usable cab) next bid came from the Internet for $5,000.00! I just shook my head and walked off. Two weeks later the internet buyer had a change of heart, He found out how much it was going to cost to ship it to Ok. He got my name from the auctioneer and wanted to know if I would buy it for the price he paid..... I think you know my answer. Oh well try again next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Here is another TT dreamer:

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/model-tt/6213885701.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:12 am:

That Charlottesville (Orange county) truck is where all the trucks would go cruising in the 80's. Looks like this one wasn't ready in time.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Weren't they ALL running when they were parked?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:46 am:

OMG did you see that purple engine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Not defending the OP, but I have seen a lot of CL listings where the lister is looking for a trade and puts a higher price on the item as that is what he wants as a value in trade. If you offer him 5k cash or less, he might jump. But, he won't take a 5k hot rod (not rat road) in trade.

JMO

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration