Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this bumper?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this bumper?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moran on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

bumper emblem

This is the emblem from the front bumper taken off a 1926 model t. I haven't been able to identify the after market manufacturer. I can post more pictures if that would help. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

mike - I have that same set of bumpers on my car. It is my understanding that the K stands for Kustom, and that they were manufactured in the same S. E. Kansas town where in later years the Kustom guitar amps and sound systems were built. I'm sorry that I can't remember the name of the town, but its not far from Steve Jelf so maybe he can chime in with an answer. Do you have the rear bumpers also? I have had my front bumper for many years and looked a long time for the rear. I finally found a set at Chickasha a few years ago. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moran on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Ed-Thank you very much for the response. I have a complete set both front and rear. The back bumper is split for the rear tire carrier. I would love to see what you have If you have a picture. I have mine in pieces for painting and I'm planning on installing them in the next few days. I really like the way they look- different from most I have seen. Here is a picture of the bumpers without the supports and a close-up of the front bumper. Are these the ones you have? bumperbumpers 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Mike - It Looks like you have the nickel plated brass acorn nuts both above and below the bumper, Mine only has them on the top. I have seen several of these bumpers in the last thirty years, and all have been painted. Yours are the first I have seen with nickel plated bars. Do yours have the steel bar that goes below the spare tire, and connect the rear bumper mounts? Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moran on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Ed, This is my rear bracket. I assume the bar between the rear bumpers that you are talking about is the one I have? Am I missing another bar? rear bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moran on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Just found this picture of a car with the same bumpers. Can't find any info on the manufacturer Kustom.bumpers rear bumpers
Looks like the nickel accorns are only on the tops?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moran on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Looks like I found the answer. The bumper was manufactured by E.J. Harvey in Racine, Wisconsin.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration