Please measure nameplate on rear of original Quadricycle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Please measure nameplate on rear of original Quadricycle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunlavy, Iowa USA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

My guess is that Henry Ford put this nameplate on after his repurchase at the time he gave it to the museum. I understand that the wooden coolant tank was replaced at that time also.

My friend, John, in Malta, is building a very faithful reproduction and came on information that there is a "patent plate" or nameplate on the back of the seat of Henry Ford's original Quad. We have a couple of pictures of it but they are not good enough quality to be able to determine the overall size of it. There is no documentation in George DeAngelis notes or drawings. We understand the quad is now outside it's glass case and displayed with some other cars now. If someone could please measure the dimensions of the plate (it appears to be oval), size of letters and size of screws, we would be most eternally grateful. I'll attach the latest picture we have of it taken by an Australian Quad builder recently. Any help would be wonderful.
Thank you in advance.
Dave Dunlavy

Origonal Ford Quadricycle patent plate on rear of seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

I most likely will be going to The Henry Ford next Sunday I will take a look for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunlavy, Iowa USA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Mike, you are a great person. Please measure, if you can - or a "Straight-on" picture would be great so we can scale it. Thank you!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration