Mag post oiler question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mag post oiler question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Is this type of mag post oiler able to come apart or is it a "No serviceable parts inside" type of thing?
I had it off the other day and was looking at it but the nut that holds the wire is the only one there.
I wish to open it up a bit (strategically) with a mini die grinder bit so I might get some extra oil up front with it.
I also could take the pipe off and insert a clear tube or take it off at the front to see if anything comes out.
I wished for your opinion first. :-) Wishing to use what I have as there are a myriad of things to get oil up front.

oiler

Oof, what a crappy pic.
Shaky Duane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Couture - Mahtomedi MN on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

I have a old magneto post oiler on my car. I recently replaced the copper tube (leaking JIC fittings on both ends) with 5/16" steel brake line and adapters. During this process I ran the car with the tube disconnected and I was pleasantly surprised by the volume of oil that came out. If you are concerned, make sure the mag post fitting is clear and try running with the tube disconnected, or put clear tubing in place. I don't think you will gain much flow by tweeking the opening.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration