Internet auction bidding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Internet auction bidding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Did any of you guys internet bid on the Ted Spoelstra Estate Auction in Forks WA this past Saturday July 29th ??? More specifically the two Model "T" cars. What was your bidding experience with the Aumann Auction Company on those two items ??? Would like to hear some responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

I picked up a couple lots - I'm headed to Forks at the end of the week to retrieve - 3 + hour drive for me.

I don't believe the Fordor was a "screaming deal" but the Touring with the Fronty & Ruckstell seemed to have been "well bought" !

I also enjoyed the fact that there could be no "sniping" as there was always 5 minutes put back on the clock if someone placed a bid within the 5 minute end time - different type of auction, for sure !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Thanks for the feed back Steve. Yes the Touring was a buy of a lifetime, some lucky son-of-a-gun bought that car for half the price of just the Fronty head. "Different type of auction" to say the least, later Aumann Auction admitted a failure in their system, needless to say "I lost out on a sale of a lifetime". Winning bids way, way below retail on a majority of highend items should have shown flags that something is wrong. The Stoelstra Estate lost out on thousands of dollars in low bid sales. Someone from the estate should be asking questions and getting some serious answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

I heard from a close source that Ted's high-end stuff was sold off to close friends some time ago - this was merely the "left-overs" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

I don't know about that a Rumely F seams pretty High end to me. There were allot of very good deals on that sale. If it wasn't half way across the county I would have bought a couple loads. I have bought allot of stuff on Aumann sales and always thought they were a very professional outfit. Maybe the prices are just a sign of the changing collectors market. It is too bad for the owners but it might not be a bad thing for the hobby as the lower prices will allow younger collectors to get into the hobby.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration