Night rides.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Night rides.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 12:02 am:

I snuck away. Just a short run. He's quiet, Gramma and 3 little sons in the house.
9:55.
Between Grantchester and Remember Me (with Michael Palin) on PBS here.
Pitch black. Yellow lenses. Head lamps NOT adjusted yet. I needed it.
The lamps. I cheated and used the propane torch to light instead of the matches in my pocket.
Backed him out of the shed. Twisted that different head-lamp switch up on the column.
And ran away.
You?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 12:42 am:

The mag lights on the 1915 roadster are almost adequate on a familiar road. I haven't driven the 1923 touring at night, but will have the engine back in soon and will find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 01:00 am:

In my little hometown, the local cemetery was where young lovers went to "park", so I was told. I never observed this happening, although one girl I had a date with, suggested it. I never dated her again. I guess I wasn't her type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:29 am:

I went to a BoD meeting last Wednesday came home in my '26 touring (top down) after dark and it was a great ride. Last December in the '26 coupe I went out at dusk for a Christmas lights tour around the (used my GoPro) another great ride. The best one was last September when Bill Harper and I drove home from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of New Hampshire Fund raiser at the Rivermill at Dover, NH. We were there to help with their roaring twenties theme to , Bill Harper (who lives in Keene, drove 100 miles each way) I only did 50 miles each way, but we both enjoyed our trip, especially driving home in the dark.

CNHMTC BoD meeting with the President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzNXUs1vGJk

Christmas lights tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnIps9IeB2E

BBBS fund raiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBoHGxA__Qg&t=22s

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:30 am:

The last night ride I took in our '12 we had the "pleasure" of the acetylene tank running out of fuel!! 5 miles in pitch black, fortunately all country roads. I thought it was exciting, the wife not so much. For her, that WAS the last night ride! I'll change her mind again. And with a full tank of acetylene this time! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

The lights on my ForDor are pretty sharp. I've done a little to ensure proper ground and also proper focus.
My Pick-up needs it all, but on the familiar roads Steve mentions, they at least makes sure the other drivers can see me.
Here I drive in the dark with the Fordor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB0bBX5dkhM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Michael, great video!!!! Did you make it while doing the PreWarCar's 100 Miles of Misery tour???? They say "There is absolutely no reason why you should want to drive your precious pre war machinery through the narrow streets of Amsterdam, especially not at night. Only a fool would do it over icy bridges in the midst of winter."

Call me a fool, but if I were ever in Amsterdam in December, that's the reason I would be there and doing that run.

Happy Motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration