Using brass glass channel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Using brass glass channel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:27 am:

I need to replace the cracked original glass in my 1910 T; it still has the brass windshield channel but most of it is in sections. Is the old brass channel worth re-using, should I purchase the new brass channels (costly!) or not use the brass channels at all? Anyone with good advice would be welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:12 am:

I have the same problem. Waiting on expert comment!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:43 am:

The old brass channel is not worth reusing IMHO. It will be difficult to reinstall and you mentioned it was already in sections. Spend the money and take your time. There was a detailed article about installing a new brass windshield I wrote for the EFR rag. Shoot me an email if you want it.
rgould1910@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

To those who asked for the article, I sent each an email having copied the article from the Summer 2007 EFR newsletter. I could not copy and send the photos. The written instructions are rather dense and the photos really help understand what I am saying. Sorry about that. Perhaps take on the reading after a couple cups of coffee!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration