Show Your Engine Colors!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Show Your Engine Colors!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

A forum member sent me these pictures back in March. I'm about to start painting my engine (on stand), and I believe I'd like to have a multi-colored engine.

Send pictures of your engine(s) to give me ideas, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Both are 26/27 engines. The war wagon is, what else, green. And the Depot Hack came with this orange/red engine. When we pull the engine to work on the mag, it will get repainted. Any color but this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

No pics at the moment but mine is gloss black. I had considered other colours but the can of Tremclad was sitting right there.

The nice thing about a non-black engine is you can easily see oil leaks. The downside is that you can easily see oil leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Tim I like your engine color!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

My Detroit Diesel green motor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Im doing my speedster chassis including the engine in rustoleum almond, body in rustoleum sail blue. Accenting will be polished aluminum copper and brass. Sherman head (polished), brass zenith carb, polished aluminum intake, and polished aluminum side plates. It's a '27.

The tourabout chassis is going to be done in rustoleum smoke grey, body in red. Similar accents in brass, aluminum and copper. Frontenac head (polished cover), polished "H" winfield, aluminum supercharger, and polished block off side plates. It's a '12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Late model Ford engine gray, and red accents of course!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

And my black and aluminum motel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Antique Ford Green.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Slime green...close to whatever we found.
slime green

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:40 am:

I was expecting Martin's purple head to show up here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Bill and Dan you must be Ohio State fans or alumni! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:25 am:

So, as not to disappoint Steve...

This is my engine before I did the rebuild.

This is my engine after the rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Years ago at a tractor show where I had brought my Shaw conversion, an older gentleman was telling me about a T he owned as a youngster. He told me he bought the car for $10 but the engine "was junk." He ordered a rebuilt T engine from Sears & Roebuck and his Dad helped him install it. He mentioned that the rebuilt engine also dressed the car up because "it was painted red and looked sporty." A few years later, I was restoring a T doodlebug that supposedly had a rebuilt engine dropped in it during the late 30s. As I was cleaning up the engine, under the various layers of grease and dirt, I discovered red paint as the base coat on the engine and transmission. That was the only red paint I found anywhere on the tractor. I thought back to the story the old guy at the show told me and began to think the story about a rebuild in this tractor might actually be true. Does anyone know what color a Sears or Montgomery Ward-rebuilt T engine was painted before being shipped?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:52 am:

These are great; keep 'em coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:08 am:

To each his own. I prefer black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Hi Bill - That's more or less how it came to me so I blessed it.

I have it on good authority that someone painted their engine John Deere green and yellow. I'd love to get a look at that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick-Ypsi, MI on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Black & Red. It came this way. I don't know if I'll change it. It depends on what it takes to get it running. No, the horn is not ziptied to the water pump any more.

Patrick
Ypsi, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

JESSE,I like your t,I bet it perrrrrs just fine too.greg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Ron - I don't know about Montgomery Wards, but I can tell you that back in the '50's - '60's, most of Sears Roebuck's automotive products went by the name "Allstate", and the color was a kind of medium blue, including a Sears Roebuck Allstate rebuilt Model A Ford "short block that I bought from them when I was a high-school kid with a Model A in the '50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Harold - thanks for that information! Makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Is rust a color?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

Dennis - why yes, it is!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration