Magneto question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Magneto question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Power on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:37 am:

Just got my 24 coupe running. I'm not a mechanic. I'm a tinkerer. Starts and runs good on battery. Doesn't run smooth on magneto. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:42 am:

Classic symptoms of improperly adjusted ignition coils or a weak magneto. If your lucky it is the former, the latter is a bit more difficult to repair properly. See if you can borrow a known set of properly rebuilt and adjusted coils to isolate the trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:43 am:

Remove and check the magneto post for lint

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:44 am:

I had the same issue when I bought my '27. It turned out to be a poor connection at the magneto post. Now it runs measurably better on mag then on battery (as it should).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Power on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:36 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/777321.html?1501595535

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration