OCF What is allowed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OCF What is allowed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

What mods if any are allowed on the cars, manly model t's to participate in the OCF. If people have cars that have been changed to 12 volt, distributors, things like that for touring are they allowed? or do they need to be original or close to it. I was just curious as to what people bring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

We will use the following criteria to review vehicles applying to participate in the show:
1. The vehicle must have been produced during 1932 or earlier and appear as it did when it was in daily use.
2. Vehicle types accepted: Car, Commercial and Race Car. The capacity for Bicycles has already been met, we are not accepting these application types at this time.
3. Period accessories, either dealer-installed or after-market, are acceptable if they were available during the model year of the vehicle. Examples of such accessories include windshield visors, Motometers, "Rocky Mountain" brakes, Ruxtell 2-speed rear axles, running board-mounted luggage carriers, and radiator stone guard.
4. Items that improve vehicle safety, or that are required to meet current vehicle standards, such as electric tail lights, are acceptable, even if they were not available when the car was new.
5. Mechanical modifications that were not available when the car was new, such as lowering or adding disc brakes, are not acceptable.
6. Engines must have been available for the vehicle from the factory during the model year of the vehicle. Chassis and engine numbers do NOT need to match.
7. Ideally, engines and the under hood area should look stock. (We have no way to monitor internal modifications). Any modifications to the external appearance of engines should conform to rule #1 above.
8. Upholstery colors and materials must be true to original specifications.
9. Cosmetic modifications such as removing chrome and other trim are not acceptable.
10. Paint must be stock colors available from the factory when the vehicle was new. Exceptions are commercial and racing vehicles, which often featured custom paint schemes.
In fairness to all potential participants these requirements and criteria apply to all applications. Applications not meeting the criteria above will be denied.
When

Saturday, September 9, 2017 - Sunday, September 10, 2017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Gee Ed that was quick!! One thing comes to mind is turn indicators and extra tailights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:45 am:

So the hot pink/lime green speedster won't be allowed this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:53 am:

I copied/pasted from the participant information website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Thanks. I would like to participate one day with my car, but some people have suggested some changes I might make to make it more reliable for touring around. Looks like that would disqualify it from OCF. Decisions...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Carl,

My speedster has a 1940's downdraft carburetor, which I told them about, but promised to keep my hood closed, (mostly).

Basically, if it's not big and obvious they're okay with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

ED, Are those rules for any car to participate or for cars that are to be judged? I would like one day to be part of the event, but not to have my car judged. Curious minds. Thanks, CF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 05:04 am:

Carl,

Those rules are for all cars/trucks participating, judged or not. You do not have to have your car judged. That is usually for vehicles with a high level of restoration or very well preserved. I think people have more fun when their vehicle is not judged, no pressure. I have not had mine judged though.
OCF certainly should be on everyone's bucket list wether they participate or not!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:16 am:

When is the OCF this year? I have never been and it is certainly on my bucket list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:47 am:

September 9 and 10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

I don't suppose a drone is allowed at Greenfield Village? If so, we could provide some awesome OCF videos. Just asking. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

OCf? Oregon County Fair??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

no Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

No, NOT Ohio either...it's in Dearborn Michigan. OCF stands for "Old Car Festival" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Rick, drone shots would be great!!!! I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Call Kristi Best at THF and check with her. I'd love to see drone shots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:51 am:

A drone flying over thousand's of people? What could go wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

As long as the controller isn't in the hands of a grumpy old farmer, I don't think there's a problem :-) These whippersnappers are pretty bright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Drone at an antique car show = bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GJKmA2IFM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

No Ed,I wasn't flying that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Someone had just watched the movie "Christine".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Rick and Marty,
We do have a non-drone use policy here for non-THF people and only use them through an FAA certified, licensed and insured company who receives a permit through FAA for each time they use them. There are very specific rules and regulations about flying over crowds of people, etc. and we do not want to take that risk with someone who is not certified and vetted through us. Actually, we are going to use the company to get drone footage for OCF so we are covered there. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration