CANCELLED

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: CANCELLED
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Elliott, Tigard, OR on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

I am sorry to report that the Northwest Vintage Speedster 35th annual Endurance Run has been cancelled due to the lack of interest. This is the first time this has happened. The event WILL take place next year in Wilsonville Oregon. I'm sorry to all those who have signed up already, but six or eight cars registered by the deadline date is not enough to proceed any further. You will be seeing your refunds by mail. I will start making announcements early next year so you all have plenty of time to sign up.
Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

I'm sorry your run had to be cancelled. I hope it was just a communication problem or the normal reasons (work, broken cars). I will do everything I can to attend next year. I think all of my current issues will be solved. We went to the run in Tualatin a few years ago and had a great time.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

This event inspired me to consider a speedster as my first Model T. Years later I finally landed the '20 T Rajo speedster/salad in the garage now.

It would be great to attend this event, though it's over 2,000 miles from my home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

I'm looking forward to attending in 2018 after being disappointed by the cancellation this year. I think there were a variety of factors that popped up and made for a late start in the advertising and personal planning stages this year that should be resolved going forward.

This past weekend was a really good one for several NW speedster folks as Saturday was the annual Reichlin family tour up Mount Baker with a bunch of speedsters and hot Model A's. 15+ cars came out to play but a few cut it short because of the continuing smoke from Canadian forest fires. Got it together again on Sunday for the "Hot 100" run with 12 cars. Scott and his wife came the 200+ miles up from the Portland, OR area to win and take the trophy back to Oregon. Good Job Scott and Pam. Well done by Ray & Nancy Moore for organizing the event.

No problems with the cars on the Mount Baker run and the only DNF on the Hot 100 was a dead battery when an alternator failed on an A speedster.

No more pure speedster events for the season but several of us will continue to run them on club tours and general out and about driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Didn't know about it that race. Would love to enter my speedster in that one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration