1910 Tool access door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1910 Tool access door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Now that I know what the door under the rear seat is supposed to look like, and I found the correct hinges, does anyone know where in the world I can find the correct round locking mechanism for it? From all the photos I've seen, it appears to have a round base plate and the turn knob is a half-round. An original would be fantastic, but I know that's probably not likely so if anyone know's if someone is re-producing these I'd sure be grateful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

You might could fab up the interior leg on the shaft to latch against the upper door frame using this round brass knob w/shaft on the outside, seems to look old too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRASS-CABINET-CUPBOARD-DOOR-TWIST-TURN-PRIVACY-LATCH-for -MORTISE-DEADBOLT-LOCK-/112503420966?hash=item1a31b9f826:g:NwgAAOSw3sNZeeEA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

There is a fellow who is making them. I purchased one he made couple of years ago. Dennis Olay (spelling?) Kim Dobbins knows him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:49 am:

Ray Wells the body maker in California gets them from somewhere on a regular basis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 02:01 am:

They come from Dennis Olea, Redding, CA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 07:04 am:

Thanks, Kim!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration