Charging magnets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Charging magnets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

When charging magnets that are still on flywheel on top of your workbench using the magneto coil with a battery charger what voltage and amperage is required? I have viewed all the u tube videos and they just state heavy charger. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

Larry,
On the workbench I use three 12V batteries (36V)connected in a loop with the coil ring. (just flashing the loop)

On a tour I once did a recharge, in a car, with one 12V and one 6V battery (18V) and it worked as well. The car is still running with it.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 02:34 am:

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I used two 12 volts and got a good charge as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Larry, You will notice there was no mention of amps. Just a quick touch of your wire to the block is enough. The batteries will supply all the amps needed. Do not leave the power connected than a brief touch. Some like to rotate the magneto a quarter and zap them again. Repeat to get four good zaps in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration